The goal of the EFI is to enable the biological community to accomplish functional assignments of unknown enzymes in families and superfamilies. To this end, the EFI aims to provide the following deliverables to the scientific community:
1) development of a large-scale, multi-disciplinary sequence/structure-based strategy for functional assignment of unknown enzymes discovered in genome projects
2) dissemination of the strategy via publications, collaborations, workshops, and symposia
3) access to computational and bioinformatic tools for use of the strategy
4) provision of experimental protocols and/or reagents for enzyme production and characterization
5) dissemination of data via the EFI-DB database (experimental) and the SFLD database (computational/bioinformatic)
To receive updates on the EFI's progress towards these aims, enter your e-mail address here.